Thursday, June 21, 2012

Peru 1 Friendships and Adventures


Our Peru 1 expedition will be returning home this Saturday. It's hard to believe by looking at these pictures that this group of 23 participants didn't know each other at all before they all got together just 2 weeks ago. That's one of the greatest parts about service, when you come together for one cause and one purpose friendships are quickly made and the group starts to feel like family.  I am sure it wont be easy for them all to say goodbye on Saturday, especially to the wonderful friends they have made in Peru. 







 I remember returning home from New Zealand on an HEFY (then it was called AYS) expedition in 2003. I remember how much my heart longed for the people I had met and the friendships I had made. It's similar to the way I felt after returning home from a full-time mission. It was harder then to keep in contact with people so far away. Lucky for us we have technology and Facebook to more easily keep us connected. Nonetheless, I am sure each one of our participants will keep a place in their hearts for the wonderful people they met and served with this summer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment