Monday, March 12, 2012

Fundraising Tip: Ask Businesses

Cassie, a 2012 Peru participant, sent us a ton of donations from local businesses in her hometown. We asked her how she did it, and here's what she told us:

"I am really excited to go to Peru this summer! To raise donations, I went through the phone book and found local businesses. I also asked my parents for the names of their friends who would be likely to contribute. I wrote a letter, which used parts of the HEFY sample letters, and mailed it out to everyone on my list. I included a stamped return envelope. It is so fun to get checks in the mail. I think most people are very generous, and when they get an opportunity to help, they are willing to contribute."

Great idea Cassie! Thanks for sharing your success.

No comments:

Post a Comment